we can do for you...
In addition to the regular and specially
scheduled events we hold during the year. IMPACT offers a variety of
- New Parent Hotline
- 1-877-322-7299 This is a toll free line
to call if your child has been recently identified as deaf or
hard-of-hearing. Our state wide connections and network of parents is
ready and willing to answer questions or just offer moral support.
- Parent Links
- This program was funded until last year and
is now being carried over into IMPACT as support framework for families
of deaf and hard-of-hearing children ages infant to 5 years. This
provides a unique network of parents and services
- Because IMPACT fosters an environment of
welcome and respect for all families regardless of cultural perspecitve
or communication modality, we are uniquely available to spectrum of
needs regarding deaf and hard-of-hearing children.
- Our membership represents the diversity of support mechanisms in California
- Gaining perspective from parents in other programs adds to your knowledge
- Meeting other families in programs to which
you might not belong produces a broader understanding, may help you
find additional resources and of course provide an extended network of
- This is our monthly e-newsletter and
quarterly communication to our membership with news about events,
legislation, tips, and support organizations.
- Once a year we hold a state wide conference or regional symposium offering a range of speakers and workshops.
- The workshops are as diverse as our
membership and offer new experiences to or help give depth to familiar
knowledge...all are focused on issues surrounding our deaf and